Pained


I woke up with a jerk. Everything seemed blurry. I wanted to rub my eyes, but I couldn't bring my hands to help me. Somehow, they were not reachable. I blinked them vigorously and realised where I was. I was in a small room. The walls were grey in colour. The room had an odd musty smell.

I felt for my hands. They were handcuffed. I was sitting on the floor against the grey wall. Suddenly, I started shivering. I perceived that I was feeling cold. Very cold. My teeth started chattering.

The room door, which was northwest to me, opened. A man came inside. He was wearing a grey woollen cap and an overcoat. In his right hand was a cardigan and in his left hand was a small box.

“Who are you?”, I asked. He didn’t say a single word. It was as if he didn’t even hear me. I repeated what I had just said, but I got no reply. He opened my handcuffs with a key and handed me the cardigan. I wore it. Then he tied my feet with a rope. I tried to fight him off but he had a stone grip and I failed. He gave me the box. I opened it. It had food in it. I ate quite hungrily. The food was still warm and it seemed delicious. When I had eaten, he took the box and went away. 


Then, I tried to remember what had happened before this. There was a lady, a hideous lady who had worn rags. She had brought me something to eat. I couldn’t remember what it was. She had given it to me and I had refused. Then, there was fire. There was fire on her hand. She had thrown the fire at me, but I had ducked.

After that, I couldn’t remember a single thing.

My head starts aching. My surroundings suddenly start spinning.


“Cassia”

I turn back and stare at my mother. She is holding a knife in one hand and a wine glass in the other.

“Mother?”, I question her, staring at the knife.

“The days of mourning are over, sweetheart. Together we shall rise against all atrocities.”

She stabs the knife into her left hand. Blood falls on the floor, its colour as red as the wine in her glass.

“Mother stop! What are you doing?”

“Don’t you see, honey? I’m doing what you have always hesitated to do. Magic”


Her gown, as black as the night, starts swaying with the wind. The speed of wind increases. 

The air fills with the sound of fast wind and thunder.

My mother’s eyes turn blood red, black smoke comes out of her mouth and ears. She looks filthy and brutal. A barbarous creature.



I open my eyes, panting. The flashback about my worst memory was nothing but pain.

Being the daughter of the most vicious creature in the entire universe is pretty tough.


People are scared of me, only because of my reputation. I haven't harmed even an animal. However, people see me as The Sorceress’s daughter. 

If I had gotten kidnapped, it was either as a punishment for my mother’s acts or the kidnappers wanted to trade me for her assistance. Either way, I wanted to find out who was after this.


The metal door opens once again. I am shocked to see the person in front of me.

Lucas Millar. My former lover.


“Cassia, I’m so glad to see you awake.”

“Lucas. Always a pleasure to see you”, My voice drips with sarcasm.

“Tell me”, I continue. “What brings me here?”

He smirks at me while playing with his copper brown hair. “I was missing your presence very much. Thought I’d get you to my humble abode.”

I nod, trying to be as casual as I can. “I see you’ve started living in a cage. Well, what is life without change?” 

“I still live in my uncle's castle actually. He wouldn’t like me opening my house to a dirty witch, would he?”


That gives my calm composure away. 

“Lucas”, I snarl, his name sounding like poison. “Release me

He starts laughing. “Cassia, you don’t seriously think I will release you, do you? We have you captured for your crimes against the human race.”

“But I haven’t done anything, you know that!

“All I know is that your mother is a danger to us all and the only way we can punish her right now is by killing you.”

“You can’t be serious! After everything we’ve been through!”

“I am the King of the Islands of Shokeholn. It is my duty to protect my people. I cannot let my personal life dictate my decisions!”


He comes towards me and quickly removes the handcuffs. Then, he takes my arms and guides me with him. 

Outside, there is snow, everywhere. 

Human servants roam around here and there saluting Lucas. Hideous. 

I see Guv'nor Billy, the general of Lucas’s army. I knew him personally but I hadn’t talked to him for many years. He gives me a pitied look and nods at Lucas.


Lucas leads me to the royal garden, one of the most beautiful sights in the country. It is full of rose bushes. I have always considered the world as a rose bush. The humans being the roses and the witches being the thorns. 


We come upon a statue of my Mother. The statue looks gorgeous to me, however, to humans, the statue reminds them about my mother's terrifying acts.

Lucas ties me to the statue.


“People of the world”, he starts. His voice is loud and seems important. Everyone in the garden stops doing what they were doing and pay attention to their King.

“Tied to her mother’s statue is the vile and treacherous Cassia Mekhava. We have already gone through many tough days, facing The Sorceress. Killing her daughter will be the first step towards our victory. Who’s with me?”


The people cheer. They cheer for their King. And for my death. 

Billy unties me from the statue and leads me to the royal guillotine. Many of my friends and cousins had been killed by this very guillotine. 



As Billy starts hooking me to the guillotine, I hear graceful strides. Feet which are not entirely walking, rather floating in the air. They leave no footprints, or any mark that they were ever there. A witch. 

I want to look back but Billy is very strong and it is almost impossible to turn.


“Release the princess”, says an old ragged voice, which seems somewhat recognisable, but unknown.

“No”, I hear Lucas’s voice ringing clearly.

“Fine then. Go ahead.”, says the woman. 


I was horrified. Was I really going to be killed? Why was this woman not trying to save me?

I struggled but Billy wouldn’t budge. 

He completes hooking me to the deadly machine. 


Lucas shouts “May the princess of the witches be executed”

Billy releases the blade.

I hear a loud thud.

And everything goes black.



 ✑ ✑ ✑

Hi everyone! I hope you all are happy and healthy✨

I have finally written my first open-ended blog! Do tell me what you think of it.

What do you believe happens? Does Cassia die or not?

Furthermore, would you like me to continue this story?


I am also delighted to tell you that I have found the perfect instrumental for this story.

All credits go to Peter Gundry.

Check my Instagram page to hear the instrumental: @myfascinatingworld_

Comments

  1. I want to know what happened! It's so beautiful. I really thought the witch was going to save her, but now I am not so sure. Please do continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVED this blog! Please do continue the story, it's got potential to get you far!

    P.S. In the last line of the second paragraph, I believe the word you'd be looking for is 'chattering'. Other than that, this post was gracefully written - I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!😁
      Thanks for the advice too, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. Omg wow!! This was so well written! And the cliff-hanger-
    I want moreeee
    Please continue it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! 😊💗

      Delete
  4. You're doing really well. Keep continue it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the story….I hope it has many more chapters and story building

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts