A Symphony Of Irony

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

It’s a symphony 

Playing in my head

An irony of million years

Waiting to be read.


It stands still

So free, unfettered

Seldom though, look at the orbits

They’d never be untethered.


It is so beautiful, the colours it radiates

I’m in awe as I look around

But step into it, so minacious

A breath of lethality, a demise bound.


It is universe of blazing lights

They shine like diamonds - sun and stars

But sweep away please, be my guest

A welcome of darkness; invisible scars.


Oh but oh! Isn’t this so familiar?

I look around, look at the sky, the sun

Waiting for the revelation

It’s curious as I see; I find none.


But then I fell down on the 

Same mud shining by the same sun

I think I understood as I looked at me,

It was I, it was us - we were who came undone.


Because aren’t we the universe?

What else could we ever be?

We have so much darkness and

So much light to see.


We flow in orbits

Set by ourselves

We’re free to still run in

The grass or collect shells.


We could shine bright like the stars

Or reflect their light

We could play the moon

Or shape-shift in asteroids at night.


The irony is the universe

The universe is us

We are irony, I believe 

But it is a locket so curious.


We’re a part of it

So we couldn’t be itself, really?

It is all a game of irony

Or light and darkness, 

Of comparisons and reality.




✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧




“You are the universe experiencing itself”
- Alan Watts


✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts