Canopy Chase

“Do you know,” I say, “I can see a story happening behind every piece of music.”

“Really?” His eyes gleam, fluttering past and from each of my pupils. Chocolate brown, he had called them the other day.

I nod and lay back on the grass. Looking up at the clouds, I say, “I write with music too, you know?”

“Don’t you get distracted?” He asks, following my line of direction.

I look back at him, at his eyes, at his faint smile. “I write much better actually. It’s all classical. It’s all piano.”

“Perhaps it’s because you played the piano when you were young,” He makes our eyes meet yet again, makes my stomach’s butterflies flutter yet again.

“Perhaps,” I say, looking back up. “I played it so good.”


﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚

I wrote this excerpt in 4:42 minutes.

Baby by Adrián Berenguer

﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚


I roam through this forest 

Looking around at the trees

It’s vibrant, so bright

The sunlights lights my hair in the summer breeze.


This isn’t real I know, it’s a dream

But how blissful is it to be here

Some place that doesn’t even exist

But I can see it so well, as dew can clear.


I can feel a bursting music through me

My lungs breathe the scent of mystical flowers

This place is so much better than the other one

If only I could bring my love and stay for hours.


Four minutes, that’s all I’ll get

All I’ll get as this music plays.

I’ve never felt more alive

Perhaps the nearest was when I was born in sunrays.


It’s funny how this doesn’t make sense

And it is funny how this fits perfectly

Like a puzzle of 28374 pieces

Or a wordsearch where I see all words concurrently.


Away from the buildings and towers

And don’t get me wrong, I want to stay there

But this place, oh it is peace and adventure and bliss

I think I’m back to square 11, yes I know, I am aware.


But this time he loves and I love

And together we could get lost in this place

This place I find behind the piano and keyboard keys

I want to learn how I’d embrace this space.


Nothing has ever had made this much sense, except one

And besides him, I’ve never been more sure

I want to vanish here in these trees and sunlight

I want to feel sure, I want this inkling of pure.


So I’d close my eyes and think

But that’s all I can do because soon, the scent will vanish

The picture will clear and all I’d be left with

Will be the after-affects of this faithful banish.


﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚

“I often find solace in my own world, where dreams dance freely and thoughts are unburdened.”

- Unknown

﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts