A Summer Eventide

It is a perfect summer evening. I'm sitting in my room listening to Ravenclaw Common Room Music & Ambience, Hogwarts Legacy. One of the three wicks of my White Tea and Jasmine candle is lit on the table beside me.

This - this is the reason evening is my favourite time of the day.

When I told my friends about this, they were kind of flabbergasted...

"Evening? Why?" 
"Well, My favourite time of the day is at 2am in the morning." 
"Mine is morning too, except it is early morning 9 or 10. Goodness, who stays awake at 2am in the morning?!"
"Wait a minute. Did you just say your early morning is 9 or 10? I wake up at 5:30, for God's sake."
(Yes, that was exactly what they said - word to word).

Before we get sidetracked, let me state the reason I like evenings so much. 
It's because the infinitism of the day reduces, leaving us only to enjoy a few hours before the night arrives.

Okay, let me explain. When I start the day, I have a particular schedule, a to-do list, a bunch of plans to follow and plans for going out or meeting people. However, from morning to evening, I have this attitude or outlook that allows to me to think that I have all the time in the world. After all, if I'm waking up at 8am in the morning, I technically have around 16 hours before I go to sleep and around 11 hours before nighttime. (I went too much into maths, sorry!)

So as the day goes on, the infinitism transforms into finitism, which kind of allows me to look at the day as a small fragment of time. This gives me a reality check of a sort and allows me to finish my tasks for the day. A bonus point is that I get to savour every moment, to be in the present and only in it.

Besides, in the evening around 5 or 5:30pm, I have completed all my big rocks, and I'm left with my fun tasks or favourite ones, which makes my evenings and nights more enjoyable.

And who doesn't like that orange glow of sunshine falling in between the rustling green leaves of lush trees? Exactly. No one. An evening breeze is so energetic and refreshing, that I feel like staying outside, laying on the grass or going for a walk in the park.

If we want to dive more into the deeper side of things, as the sun wanders towards the west and the moon and stars come slightly into view, it is a kind of realisation that even something as powerful as the sun and the moon cannot shine all the time. That, perhaps, it is okay for them to rest for a while, to charge up for a bright new day tomorrow. It gives me hope, a blinding hope, that we need not be perfect all the time and that it is okay if sometimes, we fail at something or we need to sit down and take a breath once in a while.

After all, isn't life the most beautiful thing ever the moment we allow ourselves to take a break and look around?


Alrighteyyy (I sound like a pirate, don't I?). These are the reasons I like evenings. I must admit, writing this blog has been the most fun experience I've had in a while. I would love to know your favourite time of the day (and please don't say 'every part of the day' like my mom just did lol).

Also, I'd really like to thank you for your support of my blog last week! I had expected no one to read it but ended up getting tons of views and so many messages of appreciation from all of you. I couldn't be more grateful <3

I'm going to be posting blogs every week now, so in order to stay tuned you can follow my blog (top left corner of the home page) or follow my writing instagram account!

Toodles!


P.S. eventide is an Old English word which means evenings.

Yes, I used it because it sounded fancy. 

There, I said it.

Also, the reason I like evenings might or might not have something to do with me having coffee in the evening.

Just saying.

Comments

  1. How honest of you Diti XD. You couldn't get more adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I think I just let my intrusive thoughts win in this one ;))

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about evenings, and none of my friends feel that way! I found this quite relatable and your way of weaving your thoughts is commendable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts