As the rain falls

The rain seems purposely angry today. As it spatters on the rooftops, on the window and the ground, I can feel its worry, frustration, anger, all wearing off. Perhaps, the rain isn’t incandescent today. Perhaps, it is just me - selfishly perceiving rain as I feel when it falls. 

I have a sudden urge to storm out of my house and step outside and scream - scream out all the pain, the rage I have bottled inside. The rain seems to have picked it up and poured it out itself. And now, all I am left with is an awe to look at the water droplets as they fall onto the ground, with a hurry I have never strived to see before.

I can see my fears and my smears falling down too, but I could never feel a loss for either of them. I’m afraid that I could never feel so, because those are the parts about me that I despised.

Instead of embracing my weaknesses and fears, I had started to loathe them. And slowly, once I couldn’t see the difference between me and them, I had begun to loathe myself. But now, as the rain drops spatter on the rooftops, on the window and the ground I am left with a humble regard for myself - that perhaps, all I need is some picking up to do.

Or perhaps, some falling - as the raindrops fall alongside me.


A/N
Hi, you guys. Okay, I genuinely have a reason why I haven't been posting on my blog for a long time. The thing is, I've been working on editing my novel called Pained. I have put up the first draft on Wattpad, but I will be publishing the final draft as a novel! 
So, having been working on that I have not been able to work on writing individual stories. However, I have been writing a few poems and writings such as this one, so I'll been changing my posts for some time (indefinitely because Pained is going to be a series of four books).
Anyways, welcome back and I'm so excited to post more!
Loads of love,
Diti

Comments

  1. why does this touch me so much, even i don't know
    but it does, so freakin much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you on Wattpad Now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts